Monday, June 18, 2007

Update #2

Israel & I met with the doctors today and they began Anya's chemotherapy. Thus she is now in the first phase of treatment (Induction) which will take 4-6 weeks. We are hopeful that the leukemia cells will respond quickly and allow her spleen & liver to shrink back to normal size. She will remain in ICU until she is breathing more normally.

We have decided to stay in Ohio for the first two phases of her treatment (about 6-9 mos.) to have the support of my family and a place to live. They have volunteered to move into the finished attic so we can have space in the house and my mom intends to help with Esther & Isaiah.

Of course, this has been the toughest battle of my life. Anya is in pain, constantly prodded and poked by doctors, and terrified which rips me to the core of my being. But I am confident that God will show Himself strong. He has given me encouragement through Ps 27, the prayers and emails of friends & family, and the unending support of my parents. I know that there are hundreds of people across the nation praying for us.

My prayer is that God would give little Anya strength, life, health, and a pure heart, full of compassion and unrelentless love for Him. May God give Israel & I unity and Esther & Isaiah patience.. And may I be faithful to be a light to the doctors, nurses, and other patients & their families that God would be most glorified.

No comments: