Thursday, June 28, 2007

Bread of Life & Living Water

We had really hoped that Anya would be able to come home today or tomorrow but the doctor is now saying perhaps Saturday. She was pleased to see that Anya's rashes are clearing but we must see them get more under control before our "beany" can go home.

Anya has been in a cheery mood more often; praise the Lord! She had another blood transfusion yesterday and her body responded very well; praise the Lord! Her blood sugar was high but the doctors discovered that everything was okay and have made the necessary changes; praise the Lord! Her rash is clearing so the dermatologist didn't have to do a biopsy, as expected; praise the Lord! We are now able to start preparing Anya's room for her return home (to my parents' house); praise the Lord!

Reflecting on my day I realize that I got many things accomplished but I neglected to have time solely devoted to being with God, reading His Word. So I am thankful that tomorrow is another day; another day to cherish my children and my husband and to devote time to feasting on the true Bread of Life and the Living Water.

"Jesus answered, 'Everyone who drinks this water (from the well) will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.'" (John 4:13, 14)

"Then Jesus declared, 'I am the Bread of Life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in Me will never be thirsty...I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.'" (John 6:35, 51)