Friday, June 22, 2007

God is Able

We are rejoicing because our housing situation is finally coming together. My brother and his family, who were living with my parents, got keys to their new apartment today! The electricity isn't able to be turned on until Monday yet my brother intends to try and start getting some things moved in this weekend.

My parents are looking into the option of purchasing a bigger home about 3 miles from their current residence. It would allow them to have their own room downstairs and give us three bedrooms and a living/playroom upstairs.

With all of this change we could use some help moving, cleaning, and with meals. We are also hoping to have a garage sale to simplify the unpacking process. We don't have specific moving dates yet but I will post them once decisions are made so we can round up a crew of trucks and men to move and women to clean and perhaps help with childcare.

Another cause for prayer: Esther, Isaiah, Eliana (my brother's daughter), & I are all sick with a head cold. Israel stayed at the hospital this evening to give me the opportunity to get a full night's rest with the hope that I will be recovered tomorrow. Since Anya is immunocompromised she is not allowed to be around people who are sick. We are asking God to heal me so that I can be with her at the hospital tomorrow and to heal the kids for both their benefit and Anya's.

I wanted to echo Israel's "thanks" to everyone who is praying for us, to those who have sent gifts or cards, to those who have prepared meals, and to everyone who plans to help in the future. I am especially grateful to those who volunteered to buy Anya's bedding - she will love it! I also appreciate my dear friend who is gathering the pictures of those praying - she even framed a copy of Ps 27 to hang in Anya's new room. I could go on and on but the bottom line is that we feel God's support through our dear friends, family, & the body of Christ. I trust that He is able to uphold us through these next six or more months of intense treatment.