Sunday, June 8, 2008

Playset

We found a used wooden playset for the kids!!
Thank you to Jeff & Ken, two friends from our church, who helped Israel take it down, bring it to our house, and put everything back together. We couldn't have gotten one without you!





This playset is such a special blessing for our family; it something I have hoped for and prayed for since before we even left Ohio. The steriods cause Anya to have a sometimes insatiable appetite and to retain water, and this playset will give her plenty of opportunity to get exercise even when we aren't able to make it to a park. And it gives our family lots of fun times outside together! We have already spent much time outside.
One time when we were outside, Anya told me that her swingset reminded her of the Heidi movie. When I asked her to clarify, she said that it was like her mountains. If you've watched Heidi you'll know that the mountains were a place of hope and healing for Heidi and her cousin. It may seem dramatic, but yes, the swingset is our moutains!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Yea!!!! This makes me so happy for you guys!

Liz said...

Oh I love it! I'm so happy for you and I love seeing the kids playing like that.